Origin of Face Threading. Face Threading is the process of using a cotton thread to remove facial hair rhythmically. Traditionally, it was not only a beauty treatment, but also a ritual for women the day before they get married. This ritual known as “kaimian”, was believed to bring good luck and fortune to the bride-to-be by brightening up her face.
Advantages of Face Threading
- Facilitate the process of makeup
- Promotes the absorption of essence from skin care products
- Removes clogs and dirt from pores and facial hair
- Minimizes the growth of fine lines
- Removes dead skin and cells
- Stimulates blood circulation and regeneration of skin cells
- Smoothens and lightens the skin
- Safe and 100% natural, does not contain any chemicals or preservatives
Eyebrow Threading involves twisting a piece of thread, usually cotton, into a double strand. This double stranded thread is used to pick up a line of hair and then remove it, creating a very clean, precise hairline. Eyebrow threading can be used to eliminate unibrow, raise the arch of the eyebrow, or add shape and definition to the brow. Because it removes hair by the follicle, it is a reasonably long-lasting hair removal technique as well. Repeat visit after three to four weeks are standard. The technique is also not terribly expensive because it is easy to do quickly and does not require costly chemical ingredients. For women who would like to pursue a more natural beauty regime, eyebrow threading is a good choice, since it does not use harmful products.